Our Collective Vision
- All students served by the five member districts have the benefit of substantially equal opportunities for a high quality education.
- All schools in the district are engaging children and their families at high levels.
- Resources across the SU are used as efficiently as can be.
- Centralized services are uniformly high quality and are known by their commitment to strong customer service.
- All schools and the OESU central office are great places for students to learn and adults to work.
- SU and district leadership time is focused on student learning and the effective and efficient operations of the school district.
- District Boards and SU board have a strong sense of accountability between themselves and the Superintendent and the community has a strong confidence in the boards.
As a supervisory union we will
- Value equal education all opportunity for all our children
- Value a shared vision
- Collectively hire, support, guide, and evaluate our superintendent, and together provide guidance.
- Coordinate our policy development in a manner that results in a single policy manual, which is largely the same across all districts and the supervisory union.
- Coordinate community outreach to assure greater community awareness of the SU structure and our shared vision.
- Deliver services through the Central Office of the Supervisory Union under the direct supervision of the superintendent. Such as Business operations, budget development, financial monitoring, and reporting, purchasing, transportation, special education, human resources management, and facility management.