Our Collective Vision
- All students served by the five member districts have the benefit of substantially equal opportunities for a high quality education.
- All schools in the district are engaging children and their families at high levels.
- Resources across the supervisory union (SU) are used as efficiently as can be.
- Centralized services are uniformly high quality and are known by their commitment to strong customer service.
- All schools and the OESU central office are great places for students to learn and adults to work.
- SU and district leadership time is focused on student learning and the effective and efficient operations of the school district.
- District boards and the SU board have a strong sense of accountability between themselves and the Superintendent and the community has a strong confidence in the boards.
As a supervisory union we will:
- Value equal education all opportunity for all our children
- Value a shared vision
- Collectively hire, support, guide, and evaluate our superintendent, and together provide guidance
- Coordinate our policy development in a manner that results in a single policy manual, which is largely the same across all districts and the supervisory union
- Coordinate community outreach to assure greater community awareness of the SU structure and our shared vision
- Deliver services through the Central Office of the Supervisory Union under the direct supervision of the superintendent, such as: business operations, budget development, financial monitoring, and reporting, purchasing, transportation, special education, human resources management, and facility management